Admission of foreign citizens to study on a paid basis is carried out according to the results of the interview (documents on education issued by foreign educational organizations are recognized or nostrified in the manner prescribed by law).
Contacts of the reception committee
Nostrification for Foreign Students
According to the Model Rules of admission to higher education institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the the Rules of transfer and restoration of students for admission to the training and transfer or recovery student of foreign educational organization, documents on the completion of the previous level of education issued by foreign educational organizations, should be held in accordance with established procedure to the procedure of for nostrification of Republic of Kazakhstan.
What is nostrification?
Nostrification of a diploma is a procedure which is conducted to define the equivalence of documents issued to students who studied abroad at international or foreign educational institutions in case of the absence of a contract on acceptance of the diploma.
What body conducts the procedure of nostrification?
National accreditation centre of the Ministry of Education in Kazakhstan. Contact information:19 Imanov St. Business centre “Alma-Ata” Floor 5 Room 504 Astana, 010000, Kazakhstan. Tel.: +77172731744, +77172787163. Fax+77172731743. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
If you apply for a program with the documents issued by a foreign educational institution:
- The admission board must accept the documents issued by a foreign educational institution when a person applies for either a full-time mode or a part-time mode of attendance.
- See the required list of documents below.
- In case of the absence of any document the procedure of nostrification may be incomplete.
- The documents for nostrification are transferred to the national accreditation centre by an admission board or directly by an applicant himself up to the 1st of October.
If you wish to be transferred or reinstated from a foreign educational institution:
- For being transferred or reinstated an applicant must provide a transcript from a foreign university as well as a document on completion of the previous level of education which must be nostrificated within the established deadline.
- See the required list of documents below.
- The documents for nostrification must be handed in personally by an applicant to the National accreditation centre within a month from the date when the order on transfer or reinstatement was issued.
The procedure of nostrification:
- Submission of required documents;
- Fee payment (a cost depends upon the country where the documents were issued and the year of issue)
- Acceptance and registration of the application. Issue of a verification letter on the procedure of nostrification
- Procedure of nostrification:
- Documents attribution
- Matching the content of education acquired abroad with the standard required in Kazakhstan
- Decision making (positive/negative) on the nostrification of documents
- Issuing the identification document on acceptance or nostrification of the diploma (an identification document is handed out personally to an applicant)
- Handing the identification document in to the registration office.
- The procedure of nostrification must not exceed 4 months from the date of application.
A list of documents required for the procedure of nostrification:
- An original copy of a diploma;
- A transcript;
- A notarized translation of the diploma and the transcript into the Kazakh and/or the Russian language. Verification of translation is carried out on the territory of Kazakhstan or by the authorized body of diplomatic service in a foreign country where the diploma was issued;
- A notarized copy of ID with the translation into the Kazakh or the Russian language;
- A copy of the certificate of authorization of the foreign educational institution which issued the diploma.
Documents of pp. 1 and 2 of the current paragraph should be endorsed with an Apostille or legalized.
Apostille (on the state diplomas) - an international certification comparable to a notarization in domestic law, and normally supplements a local notarization of the document. It specifies the modalities through which a document issued in one of the signatory countries (including Kazakhstan) can be certified for legal purposes in all the other signatory states.
Legalization is a confirmation of the authenticity and legal validity of a document issued in a foreign country in the form of a certificate of acknowledgment.
Rules for entry and stay of foreign citizens in The Republic Of Kazakhstan