5-6 December, 2019, the first kick-off meeting with partner universities from Germany, Latvia, Estonia, Russia and Kazakhstan was held at the St. Petersburg Polytechnic University of Peter the Great (St. Petersburg, Russia) under the UXiship project ERASMUS program “Accelerating ICT students‘ startup developement competence via interdisciplinary modular courses in the HEI curricula”. Representatives from A. Baitursynov KSU were:
Kushnir Valentina Gennadiyevna - university coordinator,
Igor Vladimirovich Koshkin - head of the project working group.
During the meeting, Russian and Kazakh working groups discussed a brief summary of the educational program of each university in order to preliminary determine the general modules of the curriculum within the framework of the UXiship project.
December 5, 2019, the speaker was main academic coordinator of the project Prof. Dr. Gunnar Prause (Hochschule Wismar). He conducted a brief review of the project, spoke about the main and long-term goals, the relevance of the project and the expected results. Representatives of partner universities of Russia and Kazakhstan also addressed the issues of academic status and development at their universities.
On December 6, 2019, Gunnar Prause presented a package of documents for reporting on the project, talked about the project's action plans for the near future, reviewed the situation analysis, financial rules and the content of the grant agreement.
Questions were also raised on training seminars, internships, and the purchase of computer classes with the necessary software.
As a result of the kick-off meeting, a project implementation plan and plans for further cooperation were formed.
05.02.2020 – the first monitoring of the international project “Accelerating ICT students' startup development competence via interdisciplinary modular courses in the HEI curricula - UXiship” of the Erasmus + program was held on the basis of the regional SMART center at A. Baitursynov Kostanay State University.
The chairmen of the monitoring commission were:
Shaizada Tasbulatova, Director of the National Erasmus+ Office in Kazakhstan;
Serik Omirbaev - Chairperson of the National team of higher education reform experts (HEREs) in Kazakhstan
The main monitoring objects were:
- informing about the rules and procedures, conducting a review of objectives and priorities, the methodology of the project, planned activities;
- Assisting the UXiship project at an early stage of its work;
- assistance in increasing its recognition at various impact levels;
- formation of recommendations to prevent possible failures and difficulties.
The participants of Kazakhstani consortium:
- Kuanysh Abeshev - coordinator from Almaty Management University, Almaty, Kazakhstan;
- Laula Zhumabaeva - coordinator from the Caspian State University of Technologies and Engineering named after Sh.Esenov, Aktau, Kazakhstan.
- Yelena Kandalina, Head of International Office;
- Andrey Koval, Head of the Science and Postgraduate Department;
- Nikolay Gavrilov, Head of the Department of machines, tractors and vehicles;
- Batyrkhan Kuzenbaev, Head of the Information systems Department;
- Gulmira Dambaulova, Head of Commercialization Office;
- Igor Koshkin, Head of Electric Power Department;
- Aisha Omarova, Senior Specialist of International Office;
- 2 year students – project volunteers
Also, there were representatives of Kostanay business companies:
- Andrey Ermantraut, Director of OOO «Rostselmash» (Kostanay branch);
- Feryuza Orymbaeva, chief expert manager of LLP «El Nur Service».
- During the monitoring, issues related to the implementation of the project, quality assurance, budget and purchase of equipment, dissemination, sustainability, as well as the relevance of the project to date were discussed.
Every partner university demonstrated presentations on each of the monitoring criteria:
- Project realization
- Impact and Sustainability
- Partnership and Cooperation
- Project Relevance.
The chairman of the monitoring commission made the correct additions and recommendations to the form of management, implementation and sustainability of Erasmus + projects in the ever-changing requirements for the education system both abroad and in our country.
As a result, agreements were reached on key issues of developing a methodology and tools for the formation of multidisciplinary start-up modules under various existing educational programs of the ICT group of training areas; issues of international and interuniversity communications; procedures for building corporate relations with business partners and state structures, as well as issues of the procedure for the purchase of equipment in the framework of the project at the expense of the European Union.
All discussed important aspects will enable partner universities to achieve high project performance indicators.
April 23-24, 2020. International online hackaton for school, college and university students was conducted within the framework of the week of science of A.Baitursynov Kostanay State University "Development of Science after Pandemic". The main driving forces of the Hackaton are the matters of search and development of technological solutions to fight against pandemic and mitigate the consequences.
UXiship project partners has hosted the event:
Anna Svirina, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Head of Institute of Engineering Economics and Entrepreneurship of Kazan State Reseach Technical University
Kuanysh Abeshev, Dean of School of Engineering Management