Sustainable agriculrure and rural development (SARuD)
15/10/2015 - 14/10/2018
To develop Master’s programme "Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development - SARUD" taking into account the needs of regions for professionals for government agencies, local administrations and private organizations.
To establish knowledge and partnership platforms for sustainable agriculture and integration of rural areas, taking into account international and local experience.
To improve the competence and interregional partnerships of higher education institutions to provide education focusing on target groups in the development of rural areas.
EU project coordinator:
- The needs of the target group were analyzed. The labor market was studied, the requirements for the profession and competence of future graduates of the program was determined by interviewing employers, teaching staff and graduates.
Complete package of educational documentation for the educational program "Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development" was developed: Curriculum, Elective Disciplines Catalog, Educational and Methodological Complexes of the Specialty and Discipline.
- Master students began studying in 2017-2018 academic year
- Six new disciplines of the educational program were developed:
1. Ecological concepts and agriculture. Sustainable development
This unit is a basic discipline. The unit forms professional knowledge and know-how during the acquisition of the specialty. An exceptional importance is allocated to theoretical and law basics of sustainable development of rural areas, state policy of sustainable development of agriculture by means of studying ecological and social aspects, as well as provision of control, safety of plant and animal products processing and recycling.
2. Sustainable rural development: Approaches to regional program
This unit is a basic discipline. This unit forms professional knowledge and know-how during acquisition of the speciality. Special importance is given to theoretical and law basics of sustainable rural development; ecology and approaches to regional program.
3. Ecolabelling and marketing of environmental and regional products from rural areas
This unit is the basic subject. This unit forms the professional knowledge and skills during the study. Main importance is given to the theoretical and legal framework of sustainable rural development; ecology and approaches to the development of regional programs. Covering the theoretical approaches to green labeling and marketing of ecological and regional products in rural areas; the legal basis of the formation of green labeling; the experience of developed countries to promote the products of trade and green labeling; the current situation of regional marketing and eco- products of rural areas in the Republic of Kazakhstan; the registration and legal protection of trademarks in the Republic of Kazakhstan; marketing eco- products of rural areas and methodological approaches to the development of marketing plan.
4. Management of rural development
This is a major and elective subject. This unit forms the professional knowledge and skills in the field of economy, social sphere in rural areas, environmental and technical aspects. Rural development requires knowledge of budgeting, investment, economic assessment of trends and events, the capacity of the region. Developing rural economy, it is necessary to keep the nature of rural areas, protect the environment. The positive dynamics of performance indicators depends on the people living and working in rural areas, on their knowledge, including production technologies. Therefore, studying of issues of the social sphere is also significant.
5. Bases and principles of local governance in rural areas
It is a profile and elective subject. This unit forms the professional knowledge and skills in the field of state policy and local self-government in rural areas.
6. Organization of entrepreneurship activity in rural areas
This unit is a basic discipline. The unit forms professional knowledge and know-hows during the acquisition of specialty. Special importance is given to theoretical and law basics of sustainable development of rural areas; ecology and approaches to development of regional programmes. The course contains basic notions, essence and contents of entrepreneurship activities in rural areas, their law and organizational basics, as well as institutional support and financial backing. Foreign experience is exemplified.
-4 teachers have participated in foreign training in European universities partners (University of Hohenheim, Germany, University of Applied Sciences Nurtingen-Geislingen, Germany, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Poland, Czech Agricultural University, Czech Republic).
- The members of the working group have participated in training seminars in the Russian Federation (P. Stolypin Omsk State Agrarian University, Michurin State Agrarian University, Stavropol State Agrarian University, Novosibirsk State Agrarian University, Timiryazev Agricultural Academy, Moscow, Buryat State Academy of Agriculture), Kazakhstan (S. Seifullin Kazakh Agrotechnical University, Astana, A.Baitursynov Kostanay State University, German Agrarian Center, Chaglinka).
- In 2017, two master students were enrolled in the educational program, according to the state order.
The project is awarded with certificate of achievement "for significant contribution to capacity building of the project team members" at NEO 2018 exhibition
Disclaimer: The project is co-financed by the European Commission. However the content of the website reflects the views only of the university, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.